Friday 8 June 2012

UK Fri 10/6/11: Manchester


Despite leaving early after my night shift in the hospital, I was still rushing. Was busy writing a letter because I had to send it off before boarding the train to London Victoria.

The weather was gloomy. By the time I reach London, it was drizzling. Soon after, rain started pouring and road traffic was heavy. Half way through the journey, the bus stopped at the roadside to change tyre. By the time I reached Manchester, it was 1.5 hour later than scheduled time. Manchester is a very large and busy city with its own tube network and criss crossing trams. I walked towards Manchester Piccadilly station to collect my train tickets. Then, I found my way to Arnsdale Centre to shop for hiking shoes. Near the shopping centre is Piccadilly Gardens with Queen Victoria statue. I only managed to try on few shoes when the shop worker informed me that they were closing. Left to board bus at the Piccadilly Garden to visit my university senior, Whye Onn who is staying in student hostel near the Royal Manchester Children Hospital. His girlfriend,  Adeline is a lovely girl from Penang. We went to Trafford Centre for shopping and dinner. I managed to buy my much needed hiking shoes from Clarks. My Brooks running shoes has big hole after much abuse from all the mountain climbing in Untersberg and Snowdonia mountains. For dinner, smart Adeline managed to find discounted vouchers for burgers in GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen) so we headed there for dinner. I am not a burger fan but I must say GBK burgers which is a franchise from New Zealand are really yummy! After dinner, we stopped at the Manchester United stadium to snap a photo before heading back to the hostel. Very very tired…slept past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment